Help Desk Technician I
Help Desk Technician I
This position resolves internal and remote user problems and ensures correct operation of all company owned computers. Maintains parts, inventory and logs all service/repair activity. Manages and works on tickets entered by users as they arrive in the ticketing system. Responds quickly to users’ needs and requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs and configures workstations.
- Maintain the operation of company computers.
- Maintains connectivity of company computers to systems.
- Maintains connectivity of softphones.
- Works with team members to isolate and resolve technical issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems in a timely manner.
- Brings innovation and creative skills to the company.
- Works both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Delivers timely, high-quality output.
- Communicates with stakeholders and meets deadlines.
- Learns and follows department standards.
- Commitment to the Tria Health mission statement, motto, and employee handbook.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven experience with Help Desk technologies.
- Experience with a variety of hardware, software, and technologies.
- Experience with computer networking preferred.
- Experience trouble shooting VPN connectivity.
- Experience with VoIP phone systems, trouble shooting and problem-solving.
- Manages software and hardware vendors to resolve problems.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365 a plus.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a strong sense of duty.
- Communicates technical concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Highly organized and efficient with the ability to multitask, prioritizes tasks appropriately.
- Goes above and beyond to create positive experience for users.
- Productive without sacrificing quality, maintainability, accessibility, or performance; perform duties at a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work with non-technical users in a professional, courteous, and polite manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively using email, chat, SMS text, phone, video conferencing and screen sharing.
- Invites feedback.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent 3+ years’ work experience in Help Desk field
- Help Desk certification is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, bend, kneel, sit, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Individual must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment where standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines are utilized. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Travel: No travel required.
- Location: Tria Health is currently located in Overland Park, KS but will be moving to Kansas City, MO (Crossroads area) in the Spring of 2022. This is not a remote job position.
- Hours: 40-hour workweek.
*This job description should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements and may be changed at any time.