Member Advocate Assistant Supervisor
Member Advocate Assistant Supervisor (evening shift)
The Member Advocate department work in concert with pharmacists and pharmacist technicians to provide exceptional services to our members. Member Advocates are the first point of contact to patients and serve as the voice of Tria Health. This position is extremely critical in our success and our patients’ overall satisfaction. The Assistant Supervisor will assist in the supervision of the Member Advocates (MAs) and perform a variety of other administrative duties. This job description should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements and may be changed at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Document call statistics weekly and monthly in the appropriate spreadsheets.
- Assist with the monitoring of MA calls and documentation practices within Smart Rx weekly.
- Assist with escalated calls.
- Ability to address customer complaints and resolve those concerns with the customers and MAs.
- Assist with MA monthly, quarterly and annual reviews.
- Maintain and update MA training manual.
- Assist with development and revisions of policies and procedures.
- Serve as back up to MA Supervisor.
- Serve as back up to MAs.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are performed correctly and timely to meet performance standards.
- Monitor 5 MA calls per evening shift, per month for quality purposes.
- Compile trigger reports and ensure trigger packets are being mailed in a timely manner.
- Communicate calmly and effectively with diverse population, both verbally and written.
- Continually strive to improve all process efficiencies using tools provided through PIPS.
- Train new and existing MAs as needed.
- Plan, assign, and direct the work of the MAs.
- Make outbound calls to
- Varying shifts may be required, including extended evening and weekend hours.
- Work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent education. College degree or college coursework is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years management experience in multi-functional customer service environment or similar experience.
- Previous supervisory experience of at least one year is required.
- Insurance experience is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of word processing, spreadsheet, database, electronic mail, and internet.
- Work effectively with all levels and disciplines of management and staff.
- Handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Ability to organize effectively, set priorities, manage workload, and handle multiple responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Perform duties at a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong team player and willingness to work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, and/or to equalize peak work periods or to otherwise balance the workload.
- Commitment to the Tria mission statement, motto, and employee handbook.
- Problem solving.
- Analytical ability.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Attention to detail.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, bend, kneel, sit, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment where standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines are utilized. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Office Hours:Monday- Thursday 8am-9pm, Friday 10am-7pm and Saturday 9am-5pm. Member Advocates will cover those hours in a set 8-hour shift either 8am-5pm or 12pm-9pm. Member Advocates will work one Saturday a month (for overtime) unless business volumes or coverage needs require an additional Saturday.
- The Assistant Supervisor will work the following hours: Monday–Thursday 12 to 9pm and 10 to 7pm Fridays. Other hours maybe required to cover vacations or as business needs change.