Software Developer I
Software Developer I
The Software Developer’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements and may require direction from a Lead Software Developer. Responsibilities include but are not limited to writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. Software Developers will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. This job description should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements and may be changed at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and contribute in some or all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) on a project-by-project basis.
- Work with system architects, business users, and customers to interpret and participate in the defining and validating the detailed business requirements for the project.
- Participate and/or lead an application design process to meet the requirements.
- Develop .NET programs/modules to meet the design specifications for web pages, user interface screens and reports as required.
- Perform unit, integration, and system tests to ensure programs/modules perform as expected.
- Develop detailed and thorough documentation as required.
- Meet at deadlines throughout the process.
- Support and enhance existing applications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Learn and follow department coding standards.
- Develop as hoc reports to support Sales and Operations.
- Work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Communication with stakeholders, meeting deadlines, and delivering production ready code.
- Commitment to the Tria Health mission statement, motto, and employee handbook.
- Deliver timely, high quality output.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated understanding of relational databases and database concepts (SQL Server).
- Ability to extract information from relational databases to perform reporting function.
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture and micro-services.
- Version Control.
- Release Management.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a strong sense of duty.
- Communicates technical concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot programs, code, queries, reports, and devise a course of corrective action.
- Highly organized and efficient with the ability to multitask, prioritizes tasks appropriately.
- Productive without sacrificing quality, maintainability, accessibility, or performance; perform duties at a high degree of accuracy.
- Invites feedback.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math, or related field or Career Training Program or Technical Certificate(s) and 2 years of experience of Microsoft .NET Development.
- OR 1-2 years experience of Microsoft.NET.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, bend, kneel, sit, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Travel: 0%
- Location: Tria Health is currently located in Overland Park, KS but moving to Kansas City, MO (Crossroads area) Spring 2022. This is not a remote job.
*This job description should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements and may be changed at any time.