Sr. Account Manager
Sr. Account Manager
The Account Manager manages and grows the service relationship between Tria Health, its new and existing clients, brokers, health care consultants and other managed care organizations, by performing the following duties personally or in collaboration with other Tria Health Personnel. The Account Manager will handle larger clients. In most cases, this will represent clients with >500 employees or more than 1,000 members. This job description should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements and may be changed at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for maintaining and growing existing client relationships, including their respective brokers and health care consultants.
- Coordinate and manage tasks of all parties internal and external involved in the implementation of each new client.
- Attend off site renewal, implementation and/or service meetings.
- Represent Tria Health at client benefit fairs and open enrollment meetings.
- Work with marketing to develop customized communication plans for clients to increase awareness of Tria Health and increase enrollment.
- Research and resolve Client issues pertaining to eligibility and billing.
- Provide reporting to Clients on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Analyze and interpret Clients’ reporting and make recommendations specific to each Client and their short and long-term strategies.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to set priorities based on customer (internal and external) needs and organizational priorities and preferences, and develop solutions to client challenges.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Assist the Vice President, Sales with preparation for client meetings as needed.
- Record pertinent communication within SalesForce for client communication consistency across account management and sales team.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of AM department policies and procedures.
- Contribute to company goals and objectives, implement programs, and train team members.
- Manage and report performance standards for department.
- Recruit, select, orient and train employees as directed.
- Communicates job expectations, monitoring and appraisal of job execution for Account Management Department
To perform this job successfully the individual must be extremely organized and task oriented. They must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Seven – ten year’s account service experience, or equivalent education and/or work experience.
- Experience in benefits management is a plus
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to multi-task with an attention to detail.
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage workload calmly and efficiently in an environment which can present frequent interruption.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, using various approaches to communicate effectively with diverse individuals, across a variety of levels within an organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports and generate ideas for improvement opportunities supported by data.
- Ability to write business correspondence, and workflow processes and procedures.
- Strong team player and willingness to work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, and/or to equalize peak work periods or to otherwise balance the workload.
- Commitment to Tria Health mission statement, motto and employee handbook.
- Ability to present yourself to clients professionally exhibiting a positive, respectful attitude that inspires trust in our clients and co-workers.
- Intermediate knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and the internet. Salesforce.com experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of health insurance benefits is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit, sometimes for extended periods of time, and talk or hear. The individual is occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Close vision is required. Occasional driving or riding in a vehicle or airplane may be required.
Must fulfill all requirements listed in the Employee Handbook.