The Senior Accountant will report directly to the CFO. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the ownership and understanding of assigned areas and ensuring accounting records are maintained in accordance with GAAP and internal accounting policies. The Senior Accountant should be an individual who is a self- starter, able to communicate effectively and able to establish and understand processes, while maintaining strong attention to details.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of financial statement reconciliations and analysis of key data.
- Perform month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries.
- Monitor, investigate, and resolve reconciling items, transaction errors, and other discrepancies.
- Perform periodic cash flow statements; provide explanations on variances and drivers of company results.
- Conduct accounting research, provide recommendations on the application of accounting standards and document the Company’s position with respect to accounting matters.
- Ensure appropriate A/P and A/R entries are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reconcile all bank accounts.
- Drive timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of financial information to meet specified deadlines.
- Recommend improvements, adaptations or revisions to the accounting system and procedures.
- Commitment to the Tria Health mission statement, motto, and employee handbook.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Intelligent curiosity in the evaluation and analysis of a variety of technical accounting matters; ability to clearly articulate accounting guidance research.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage technology to produce meaningful analytical results, including Excel.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation with an emphasis on establishing and understanding processes with a strong attention to details.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people in financial and non-financial roles, including Executives.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize and manage tasks to completion in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
Education & Experience:
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- 3-to-5-year track record of corporate finance and accounting experience with increasing level of responsibilities.
- CPA designation a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, bend, kneel, sit, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- Work Environment:This job operates in a professional office environment where standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines are utilized. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Travel:No travel required.
- Location:Tria Health is currently located in Overland Park, KS but will be moving to Kansas City, MO (Crossroads neighborhood) in 2022.
*This job description should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements and may be changed at any time.